Wednesday 22 February 2012

Denim Shorts


I have quite a few pairs of denim shorts - 7 infact! Most of which involved some sort of customising so I though this would be a fun, vaguely interesting post to start with,


Bought from a vintage ship in York, these i simply added small silver studs to the front pocket. I also made the wrips on the back pocket a little more visible.
These are, however, my worst fitting pair. They are very tight around the legs, due to the turn ups and I do end up with a little camel toe - on occasion. Never the less they are still very cute, bum sculpting shorts.



These faded american flag jeans were bought from Topshop last summer for around £30. They are the softest comfiest stretch denim and are EXTREMELY short. There is usually a bit of bottom bum cheek out. But I think when it's hot and sunny you can get away with that.







More vintage Levi's jeans which I bought from 'Ark' already cut as long shorts, for around £20.
I cut them even shorter and shredded the fronts by making little incisions and then just wripping and pulling out the frayed material.







These are my 'cowgirl' shorts. They are low rise hot pants bought from Topshop a couple of years ago.
Again they are in a soft stretch denim, and an acid wash.
Probably my least worn due to them not being highwasited, but I still do like the look of them with a baggy oversized t-shirt (and some cowboy boots!)

Definitely my favourite pair, probably because they are my most customised.
These were a pair of Levis jeans of my mums which I cut off. I again then wripped the fronts and frayed them. 
On the back pocket I half pulled it open to reveal the unfaded denim, and then out large studs on it. 
I love how grungy they are - and how they give a hard edge to even a pretty girly top.
All my shorts are short shorts really - except these.
These are a longer almost cycling short kind of mid thigh length.
These were again a pair of my mum's Levis jeans. I cut them off but kept the ends neat and rolled them up.
These are a really soft denim and very figure hugging in a flattering way. Definitely my smarter, less daring shorts.(Just with a random belt)






My most recent creation these were made from a very baggy 'relaxed fit' pair of my mum's Levis. 
I cut them up, and made turn ups, so as to keep the legs loose and off the leg.
I then used some cheap fake fur which I sewed around the back pocket.






So that's all of them! All 7 pairs - but really I would like some coloured shorts, maybe marroon or green, but that might be a bit excessive!
Hope its been interesting.
Tash x

2 comments:

  1. The last pair of shorts with the customized fur are EPIC! Never seen any like that before- well done!! X

    http://harriet-tayls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete