Saturday 25 February 2012

Prom Inspiration.

For me I think prom, and the dress, is less of a big deal to me than it is to most people. I definitely don't want to wear a princess strapless netted 'prom dress' or anything that makes me look remotely like a bridesmaid BUT I do want to look a little bit pretty. Plus its a good excuse to buy a really nice dress and shoes!
In an ideal world I would be wearing either of these Versus autumn/winter 2010/11 dresses.


They are the perfect balance of being pretty, girly and dressy, but the cut out and velvet and structure and the colour makes them grungy enough to be me!
If only I had a few thousand pounds...

(There are imitations from ModCloth, and I am sure other places, but it looks cheap and its in red and it's not the same)










So, instead I now have a few ideas of what I want to realistically wear.

Idea 1 is to wear not a dress but a skirt and a little corset top. With this I can make it my own outfit and it's definitely not going to look too done, or over the top, its probably going to be cheaper and a lot easier to wear again. However the worry I have is that it might look disjointed and just not formal enough.
I want to wear an asymmetrical sheer silk like skirt. I am not sure of colours just yet. Maybe grey lilac or cream or copper or printed or green...


Floral - NastyGal $48
Cream - Asos £145
Blush Pink - NastyGal $58
Copper - NastyGal $48

For the bralet/balconette/corset top I am yet to find anything that really really inspires me . Maybe something simple - definitely contrasting to the skirt. Maybe even just a plain black - the top of a body-con dress. I can't decide!!



Both NastyGal - $68 and $58

Idea 2 is less of an idea really. It's just to wear a dress.
However there is the option to wear a dress with a similar skirt to Idea 1 - midi, floaty, sheer and perhaps asymmetrical. With this I think I would want to wear a thin belt so as to break the dress up a little and add some interest to a pretty but plain dress.



I then saw this picture on Tumblr of a Prabal Gurung dress and I love the cut - sophisticated but strong. And so far I have found this very simple dress from Zara, but I like simple. I could really dress it up with accessories.




I think what is really going to make my prom dress - especially if I chose to just wear a dress - is the accessories and most importantly the shoes! However that is a whole other dilemma for which I have a lot of possibilities which I will share in an upcoming post.


I hope this has been vaguely interesting.
Tasha x









1 comment:

  1. this is a really great post! i love the versus dresses, sadly they are not within my budget range haha, i am following:)

    www.the-ant-ler.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete